How to Starting Design Development
Starting Design Development
Distinguish your market also the person yourself targeting.
- To begin off, I begin by researching everything there is to explain about my destination customer.
- I first classify her/him and try also learn everything approximately them demographically, and psychographically, including everything in between from the moment they wake up to where they hang out the things they do and how…? people do it their likes also dislikes.
- Distinguish your competition as strong moreover visit the shops where those labels also lines are being sold and check them out.
- This is another great way to get a glimpse of your customer as well.
The idea of Starting Design Development
- Once you know who your purpose is, you can distinguish your concept or inspiration.
- It can be anything from colour, a period in time, a structure or architecture, a smell, a quote, a muse…
- Once you have known your concept or inspiration, the next step is to research everything touching it, like you did for your target customer.
- Distinguish the season you are designing for Spring/Summer, Resort/Cruise, Fall/Winter, Pre-Fall, etc.
Colours of Starting Design Development
- While yourself doing your examination, start collecting a series of pictures from which you can draw a mood also key colours.
- Each mood furthermore important colours will be used as a reference for choosing the fabrics that will be appropriate for the season including the market you are designing for.
- Once you have that, know shapes or silhouettes inside the mood and also pictures collected.
- Begin by experimenting with the shapes, and silhouettes including colour fabric combinations through a series of sketches.
- If you approach this point, you have formally started the design development process.
Textiles of Starting Design Development
- Each design development method is where you put your creativity proceeding paper.
- During this process, ask yourself questions like are there clean lines in your concept…? Or should there be a print…? Take silhouettes and play with different shapes and volumes.
- Alternatively, take a simple shape like a triangle or a rectangle including seeing how you can play around with it so it fits on the body.
- Move back and forth between sketches also experimenting with fabric on the mannequin.
- As a sculptor, there is no right or wrong way to the design development process.
- That should be fun for you and a time for you to express yourself and experiment.
- Just make sure you have exhausted all your ideas before the editing process begins. From 50 sketches to 25 to 15.
- Remember to use the best work that conveys your story and is well-merchandised.